Monday, September 15, 2008

Thank you IMDB Help Desk


I tried submitting "Get A Clue" to IMDb & this is the message that I got back last night:

"This is a specific message about your recent new title submission to IMDb as
indicated in the subject.

NOTE FROM IMDb TITLE EDITORS:
-----------------------------
Online-only requires significant national mainstream press coverage or very
substantial, independently verifiable viewership."


This wasn't a surprising e-mail. I kind of expected it. But I will say this: there are titles and credits on IMDb that I know to be student films from back in my college days. Maybe these student films went to a few film festivals & became short films, I don't know. I'm not saying that those titles don't deserve to be on IMDb. But "Get A Clue" is, essentially, a 30 minute film broken up into 3 minute increments. It was an original screenplay, shot with an experienced crew & professional actors. Basically, if we put all the "Get A Clue" episodes together & released it as a short film we would have more chance of getting it on IMDb.

Food for thought in this ever changing world of online media...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came to your blog through "Bamboo Killers," Emily Blake's blog, and I just wanted to tell you that I love your profile pic. Ties right into my sense of humor, which is like that. Two weekends ago, I went to a Steve & Barry's in Buena Park and bought a shirt that says "Undercover" across the front.

Anonymous said...

By the way, since my profile's blank on that AIM page, I comment occasionally on Emily's blog with my full name: Rory L. Aronsky.

KTSlatts said...

Hey Rory! Thanks for the comment -- I'm so glad you like my profile picture. I'm a big fan of wacky detective humor (as evidenced by the web series & blog) -- I just might have to get an "Undercover" shirt of my very own. ;-)