Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Carpel Tunnel

My right hand hurts. Why? Because when it's not busy teaching 2 year olds how to tap dance (my glamorous day job), it's firmly attached to my mouse. Clicking and commenting on viral video after video after video.

When we started thinking about marketing "Get A Clue", Peter & I decided to get some solid advice from people who know things. Things about the interweb & web series. We talked to the great guys over at Big Fantastic (Prom Queen, Sorority Forever), who told us to get busy and start telling everyone we know about the show. I e-mailed the writers/producers of the fabulous web series "We Need Girlfriends" (which was picked up by CBS a few months ago), and they were so kind to send me back a reply answering all of my many many questions. They told me to harass people -- just keep sending out e-mail after e-mail begging people to watch the show & get as many online friends as you can. Then I talked to a a friend of a friend who works over at Funny or Die. She told me to get active in the communities that we wanted "Get A Clue" to thrive on. Friend people, watch videos, comment on videos, etc. "Become an internet junkie," she said.

And so I have. On behalf of "Get A Clue" I'm constantly on Funny or Die, YouTube, & MySpaceTV commenting on videos & requesting friends like it's my job. Which I kind of wish it was. Well, I wish I was getting paid for it but I'd never want to actually have a job like this. I didn't think it was possible, but I've completely overdosed on web content. If I see one more Sarah Palin spoof or wacky cat video or overly tricked out MySpace profile I am going to kill myself. But my last words will still be (typed of course), "Get a clue & subscribe to us!" (dying gasp)

No comments: